YouTube Marketing Mind: Why did I optimize my ads and still don't work well?
The following articles are from the Brand Offshore Private Council Zhang Yue, author
Zhang Yue's "Brand Out to Sea Private Board" - Chinese Brand Out to Sea Book. We study and discuss together, cross-border brand building, Google marketing methodology, social media marketing basic law, European and American market terminalization and Belt and Road localization strategy, cross-border value chain system construction and enterprise management.
Click on the above and offNote : Google forum
(1) Believe in "one-shot spirit". Have you ever heard someone tell you, "A business does YouTube, the waist doesn't hurt the legs, it doesn't hurt, it's soft." "If you ask, did he do it?" The answer you can get is basically, "Love because of love, no reason, in short, you're right to do YouTube." "Don't laugh first, this fool's way is enduring, supporting it may be our "one-shot spirit" delusion of the cure for a hundred diseases.
(2) Optimize the ranking causation upside down. It's important to optimize video rankings, but people often use the wrong force, causal upside down. For example, I'll talk later about the main factors that affect video ranking, and you've heard that you might immediately go back and start optimizing user data such as likes. That's cause and effect, and Google does think it's important, but Google's focus is not on praising the "fruit" but on the "cause" of praising the behavior. You look for people to brush likes, but do not support the roots of these behaviors, it is easy to be identified by Google, counterproductive.
(3) Advertising is not about spending money on traffic, it's about buying time. It's not just YouTube ads, all advertising is essentially not buying traffic, but buying time, shortening the time customers know you and trust you. Advertising is not a substitute for product value, it is more effective to transmit it, so video advertising to work, not because it is video, not only because you bought the attention of customers, but also because you used the information of our products in the video, to answer customer questions, or to inspire customers, thereby efficiently transmitting the value of our products.
(i) The mechanism of youTube marketing
As mentioned earlier, YouTube is not a "one-shot" and not all marketing scenarios are appropriate, and here are three mechanisms for using it so that we can understand where it is and how it is used throughout the marketing system.
①Video is an expression of images
For example, I saw a beautiful picture and wanted to write a letter to a friend who wasn't there to tell him if he could restore the beauty in my eyes, depending on the level of writing and his ability to understand imagination. This is actually a process of abstracting vivid scenes into a set of code and decoding them by the reader, which can cause a lot of wear and tear and misunderstanding. And this time if I have a mobile phone to shoot a video or simply live to show a friend, it will greatly improve the friend's immersive experience, this is the image expression.
5G-plus cloud computing plus on-the-go shooting devices (mobile phones) will make sharing videos as easy as writing 140-word microblogs, people like to see and see, and it's easier to understand video than to understand text, so it's necessary to do it all over again with video in the next five years.
(2) Video can not only respond to explicit needs, but also trigger and transform hidden needs
When we talk about search marketing, people's needs are divided into explicit and implicit categories.
Explicit demand people will actively seek solutions, the Internet era this behavior will be mainly expressed as search, and access to information people obviously prefer video, which is why today, all search engines will be in SERPs integrated video search results, major e-commerce platforms will encourage merchants to shoot for products using small video scenes.
Hidden demands are actually suppressed demands because customers think the pain point is inexplicable or don't realize that there is a better solution to what they're used to. The hidden requirement requires a trigger process to turn the recessive into the explicit.
The reason video is more popular than the picture is not only because of its image, but also because of its natural entertainment properties. Producers can use montages to expand reality and give readers greater sensory enjoyment, so watching videos is better and their expectations are higher. Therefore, video will be more competent than graphics to trigger and transform hidden needs of the task, with vivid video scenes, so that customers can see that the old problem already has a solution, or inspire customers to live more convenient, better, and thus germinate explicit needs.
(3) YouTube is the world's largest video site and the second largest search engine
Video has attracted much attention since the era of fiber-optic PC Internet, but it is not easy to set up an information platform to host and share video, in addition to funds also need strong hardware and software technology support capacity. Google bought YouTube in 2006 for $1.65 billion, just a year after its founding. Google has since poured money and technology into YouTube, including tensor Processing Unit, Google's own artificial intelligence processor, today, one of whose tasks is to provide computing power for the YouTube platform. One reason YouTube has not been profitable in its first decade with Google is its huge investment in hardware and software.
1. YouTube's video upload, hosting and viewing volume is the world's first. So, in addition to China and other countries and regions, our customers looking for videos to watch videos will be on YouTube.
2. Video content posted on other websites and content platforms is hosted on YouTube, and many Google Ad Alliance sites accept video ads from YouTube. As a result, YouTube allows you to post push video content to most content platforms.
3. Today, people look for answers to their questions, that is, expressing their needs, and increasingly prefer to go straight to video content, and the main portal to video is YouTube. Google, the largest search engine, also crawls youTube when it offers video results on SERPs. As a result, YouTube has become the second-largest search engine with video search.
① YouTube video ranking algorithm
Watch for a long time and watch it in its entirety
The number of comments on a video has a big impact on the ranking, and the more comments you have, the easier it is to get a high ranking, and the content of the comments also serves as an important basis for YouTube to determine the content of the video
The number of times a video is shared can have a significant impact on the first page ranking of search results, and the shared anchor text is used as a basis for judging video relevance
The number of "Like" likes on a video also has a big impact on ranking results
Subscriber number, less impact. Google may be considering balancing big business with small channels, with less discrimination against creative individual creators, which is, of course, protecting YouTube's content
But YouTube values "subscription contribution" and ranks it. That means if a video brings a lot of new subscribers to the channel, it gets a better ranking
Video playback is still a reference metric, but will be corrected by other user data, especially for viewing length and full viewing.
The text description of the video
Keyword tags for videos
Video information card
Video length:Surveys show that videos that last close to 18 minutes of TED talk are highly rated in high-ranked videos. This may be 15-18 minutes, the optimal time for attention, which ensures the fullness of the content and avoids audience fatigue. After watching the video audience is in high spirits, have the power to write a comment or send a share.Here is also to remind you, do not cause and effect, video length this observation shows the results, not that we make the video 15-18 minutes can improve the ranking, it is behind the reason is that the content will make the reader excited, there is a sense of harvest, but at the same time to limit the scope of attention continuity.
Video format:According to a survey, 73.4% of the videos ranked on the front page of search results were HD HD videos. There is no need to explain why.
(2) The basic method of natural ranking of YouTube videos
A fish: refers to a good problem that keeps customers up and down at night, is the focus of his mind-seeking. This is the source and center point of all content.
Three ways to eat: Three answers to fish (i.e. customer concerns) are:
1. A good paper. Analyze your customers' questions in words, ask answers, or provide meaningful inspiration.
2. A good drawing (infographic Infographic). Illustration can make the problem and solution at a glance, become simple, at the same time the picture is also a natural ranking high weight indicator, but also an independent vertical search field.
3. A good video. Video for the information hosting, display effect, and the extent of the reader, as mentioned earlier, do not repeat.
For the audience, optimize the introduction of video, so that easy to understand, trustworthy, interesting.
This includes the following:
1. Whether the title points out the customer's mind problem, whether it gives the possibility to solve the problem;
2. The text describes whether the structure is clear and briefly describes our analysis of the causes of the problem, the main composition of the solution, and the main commitment to the outcome of the solution;
3. Whether thumbnails are representative of video content and attractive;
4. Whether the timestamp clearly shows the content structure of the video, etc
Optimize information relevance and deploy keywords and associated words in key locations. Locations that need to be deployed include: title, text description of the video, keyword tags for the video, video info card, thumbnails, video classification, timestamps, subtitles.
A good video can make the audience suddenly cheerful, nod praise, will smile or moved to tears, but to let him further interaction, we have to add fire, this fire is the social currency. We open up our circle of friends, look at the public articles we retweet, think about why we retweeted them in the first place, and every answer to that question is the social currency that drives us to share our behavior.
Social money generally includes six features: Providing Affiliation, Conversation Topics, Utility Practical Help, Advocacy Advocacy Advocacy, Information Knowledge, and Identity Identity. I'll discuss how to increase the social currency content of the content, and its social value, in a follow-up text and social media marketing course.
Interstage ads can be shown before, during, or after other videos on YouTube and the Google Display Network, as well as on display network video publisher websites, games, and apps.
TrueView video discovery ads appear next to relevant YouTube videos, in YouTube search results, and on mobile YouTube home pages.
You can skip interstage ads for 5 seconds, viewers can choose to continue watching or skip, according to the broadcast of 30 seconds of billing, this kind of ads are more audience-friendly, enterprises can also reduce the cost of invalid viewing ads.
You can't skip an ad for more than 15 seconds, and viewers can't skip the ad and charge a thousand impressions (CPM). It is more suitable for enterprises under the premise of adequate budget, increase the visibility of enterprises.
Non-skipable intersting ads also have a form called guided ads Bumper ads, which is mainly different from non-skippable interstation ads in length, it can not exceed 6 seconds, shorter and more compact. There may be shorter intersted ad times to help viewers get all the ad information, but it's more demanding for producers.
External ads are mobile-specific and only appear on Google Video Partners' websites and apps and not on YouTube. Broadcast ads appear as banner ads on mobile sites. In mobile apps, it's displayed as banner ads, interstital ads, streaming ads, and native ads, and can be displayed vertically and in full screen. External ads are charged per thousand visible impressions (vCPM) and are only charged if the user watches the video for 2 seconds or more.
(5) Header advertising (Masthead ads）
It's a solid Toho ad that appears at the top of the home page of YouTube, apps and TV, and can only be booked and reviewed. Due to the huge amount of traffic on YouTube's home page and the scarcity of the top position on the home page, header ads are charged for CPD or per thousand impressions (CPM), which is not available to businesses and cannot be used, and is not explained in detail here.
At the start of this, we talked about how the basic strategy for running TrueView ads and all ads is to use money (advertising fees) to shorten the time it takes for customers to get to know us and trust us. So when setting advertising goals, the first thing we need to think about is video coverage and view in the potential customer base, so that customers can see our video is the number one priority.
The video we talked about earlier has natural info and entertainment attributes, which is where it appeals to audiences, but many marketers don't use it very well. The video produced is a business or product introduction of the dry Baba, which can not bring the audience the sudden and cheerful cognitive pleasure, let alone any fun.
Target customer's problem scenario (What):
To show the customer in what circumstances encountered what problems, this can resonate with the customer, remind the customer of the solution of curiosity;
What's causing the customer distress (Why):
Before presenting the problem and proposing a solution, don't forget to analyze the cause of the problem, which is an essential step to improve customer awareness and gain customer trust;
How we solve the problem (How):
The solution should correspond to the problem and cause;
Let the customer see the happy scene after the problem is solved (Wow!):
To plant grass in the customer's heart, not just to explain the product, but to show the role of the product.
Think of Daknin's ad, the scene where the fungus is uprooted from its feet.
Finally, don't forget to tell the customer how to get the product, or suggest the customer's next step in solving the problem (CTA):
While customers watch the video, with the end of the screen, or accompanying banners and other ways, clear instructions to customers, their next step should be to pay attention to the channel for more information, or log on to the website or social media account to receive coupons, or make an appointment for a face-to-face consultation.
Search ads quickly verify that our chosen customer issues (keywords) and our solutions are of interest to customers. Video advertising production costs and production cycles are much higher than search ads, before the big investment, search advertising can not only bring business, but also effectively verify that our products are on the right path, and test our video scripts, that is, our paper is effective.
Search ads collect a lot of accurate access to customers, and video ads can be marketed to those customers.
Search ads help us quickly learn about Google Ads' ad delivery, account management, and performance optimization strategies.
Go to "Discovery" - "Take a look" browse "Friends are watching"
sent to have a look